Design Research Dissertation - Assignment 3: Final Dissertation

  ๐Ÿš

Qistina Nuralya Maria Binti Azly / 0354180

Design Research Dissertation / Bachelors of Design (Honours) in Creative Media / Taylor's University

Assignment 3: Final Dissertation


Table of contents 

1.  MODULE INFORMATION BOOKLET (MIB)

2.  WEEKS

Week 11 -Week 12 - Week 13 

3.  PROGRESSION

3.1 First Revision

3.2 Second Revision

4.  FINAL

5.  REFLECTION


1. MODULE INFORMATION BOOKLET (MIB)

This is the Module Information Booklet for this module:


File 1.1 Module Information Booklet (PDF)

2. WEEKS

Week 11

Did not attend class again (。แต• ◞ _◟) but with the deadline coming close, I'd ask help from my senior (Jannan). She showed me her past E-Publication work and recommended me some ways to improve my workflow (˶แต” แต• แต”˶). 

I started slightly in edited my dissertation. Edited the Conceptual Framework to actually be a proper framework.

Week 12

Continue working on finishing my Final Dissertation and E-Publication. Finalised the Findings & Analysis section.

Week 13

Received feedback on the my draft dissertation and started to revise it. Started working on the Journal Article.


3. PROGRESSION

3.1 First Revision

I kept close to the original draft dissertation at first because I was occupied with my E-Publication so I couldn't change much. I mostly skimmed through the text to see what I should change and all.

File 3.1.1 First Revision of Final Dissertation [PDF].

3.2 Second Revision

The second revision had the most amount of change. First, I reframed the Conceptual Framework to be a bit more simple yet expanded upon after consulting with my senior about it.

Fig 3.2.1 New Conceptual Framework.

Additionally, I removed some big sections of the dissertation where points were being a bit repetitive and/or irrelevant. It's mostly seen from a removal of a section in Literature Review.

And from feedback, I found that I'd done the List of Tables and Figures wrong so I quickly fixed it to be an actually bulleted list.

File 3.2.1 Second Revision of Final Dissertation [PDF].

I also revised parts of the visual analysis in the Findings section since I felt I didn't format the writing too properly.

It wasn't a big part of the research but I also added in the raw responses for open-ended questions for the survey into the Appendices section.

3.3 Third Revision

I did another round of skimming through the text and found that there were more parts where there was repetition in the points for the Analysis and Discussion part so I had to revise those sections. 

The Table of Contents were also quite a mess in the previous revisions because the page numbers were manually written down but, thankfully, I found a way to automate the changing of page numbers for each section within the dissertation. Additionally I made them a bit more cleaner looking.

File 3.3.1 Third Revision of Final Dissertation [PDF].

There were also a couple of grammar and unfinished sentences that I'd not realised unfortunately so I went and fixed that as well.


4. FINAL

File 4.1 Final Dissertation (Final) [PDF].

Link to Google Drive Viewhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17MZYarrhS74eJdeZtHrg1JV1LAbdKr7N/view?usp=sharing


5. REFLECTION

It's a bit hard to describe the changes I made between the draft and final, but notably I did manage to remove things that were just unnecessary but it took quite a bit of time and energy to do so. I'd thought it would be an easier job to do for the Final Dissertation but I felt like I exhausted my energy almost as equal as I did for Draft Dissertation. Probably a big factor was burnout but I expected better of myself to have worked on it more efficiently.

It did feel nice to finally have the Dissertation done and over with despite being quite a late submission to which I completely take responsibility for alongside my E-Publication. Again, I just wanted to at least submit a work that I felt was a slight reflection of me so I tried my best to not rely on AI for this as I had in the initial Draft Dissertation.

Overall, I think I've learned a lot with the dissertation writing that I'll definitely bring with me as I go into the animation industry.

   ๐Ÿš

Comments